Saturday, September 13, 2014

# 9th and 10th grade class comparison


       I noticed this year that the way Mr.Hoffman runs his American Literature Classes are similar to Mrs.Schreiber's World Literature class and American Studies classes are a little different to the way things were run last year in Mr.Ezekiel's World Studies class. However, even though the classes may be different, I really do enjoy Mr.Hoffman's classes. In American Studies class, i really like the lectures we have. Last we just covered HW in class and talked about it and either we did an activity to take notes afterwards. In my opinion the lectures give me an opportunity to really sink in the information, by hearing it, and then writing it. It also gives me a chance to engage into what the teacher is saying. In American Literature class, last year our graded discussions were run similar to the way we run our discussions in Mr.Hoffman’s. What I like about graded discussions is that it allows me to be able to bounce ideas off the rest of my classmates. It also gives us the opportunity to argue our ideas and support it with evidence, allowing us to see the different view of the story that we may not have realized existed. Even though, there are some similarities and difference between my Studies and Literature classes last year and this year, I really like the way Mr.Hoffman runs both his classes.



1 comment:

  1. I did not have Mrs. Schreiber's last year for World Literature. But I would like to agree that the lectures help me catch up and dig into the topic deeper. Graded discussions also allow me to listen to other people's opinions and learn more about the topic myself.

    ReplyDelete